Monday 14 April 2014

UFO Catch Up


Recently I've managed to catch up on some UFOs including the cushion above which has been sitting in a cupboard since who knows when! I had cut the feather shapes on my Go cutter, fused them in place and machine blanket stitched then obviously put it to one side. When I found it again I just had to quilt it and make up the cushion. I used it as FMQ practice and it was fun to complete. I felt very
satisfied to get it finished and very pleased with the result. I think I should make more using this
design!

Later this week I'm teaching a workshop based on Ricky Tims technique in his the Convergence
Quilts book. I made two miniature samples when I did  City and Guilds - here's one of them.


I taught the technique to a group and started a slightly larger version which again got put away unfinished. This week I found the pieced centre section, removed the ugly borders I had started and added a new border then quilted it. I'll add the binding at the workshop when I can use the quilt to 
demo mock piped machine binding.


I think this bright batik blender border transforms this quilt and I actually like it now! This week I'm also playing with YoYos made with the Clover gadget. I discovered the 5" charm squares are perfect for the orange coloured large size and dug out a pretty Moda charm pack to make these.

I'm going to use them on another cushion front as I think it would make a lovely gift. I came across a photo of a  gorgeous bracelet made with little YoYos on Pinterest yesterday and want to make one of those next in stronger colours to tone with my favourite tops. What are you working on at the moment?

3 comments:

  1. Today I'm finishing off another quilt design, then tomorrow I hope to get quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilting on the cushion. It really makes the design pop!

    I'm also trying to work on the UFOs as I have far too many lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am dealing with UFOs. But only because I'm on enforced rest after a sever attack of shingles.

    ReplyDelete